UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Bone

January Competition - Chat

2 lovely pics again Sean. Look forward to more.

Well done Mal on the competition as well. Been great looking at the different entries. Jan

Thankjs Jan.

One more day to go,( the 20th )entries will close midnight on the 20th. There are just two categories (1) A robin (2) any other British wild bird including water fowl.

Mal

I have been asked if I would run/organise the competition section and i said I would. For the first effort won by Richard Cox & Kev Wilts everyone said how much they enjoyed it, but there were only 4 people who entered out of a membership of 2,000 + can those who did not take part tell me why, I have some ideas but need input from the membership as a whole, please what ever the reason tell me.

Another piece of information I need is how many of you have a DSLR camera and how many of you have another type of camera and what is it????

What would you like as a competition i will consider anything, thanks for your help.

mal

Might be worth posting a link to the competition in a couple of the other sections Malky, just to spread the word and if you draw up a draft copy of what you post, i will see if the admin can send a mass message to all the members with the link on, to the competition section.

This can be done every month

John

I didn't enter Malk so others can have a chance!!! No seriously, I already won a competition on here last year so thought I'd won enough.

Thanks Tom, but it is only a bit of fun, have you got a DSLR or another type of camera, and how about ideas anything????

mal

I only have a little digital camera, or my iPhone, so there is no way I could get anything like some of those photos. I just can't get close enough to the birds (unless captive birds) without them looking like little dots. Plus recently I've been stuck inside revising for law exams, so haven't had chance to get out looking for birds.

Mich

Me and Lee was speaking about this the other day.

The reason i didn't enter was because there are a few top photographers on here, with high end camera's and lenses.

I would stand no chance with my 3mp kodak :P :P :P

I know it's about the taking part, but I wouldn't have got close enough to anything to have taken a decent pic.

Also, I did enter a pic of a robin and you poo pooed it Mal :D

I think subject matter is a bit of a problem. . . . Firstly I love to see chicks in the nest but wouldn't dream of suggesting anything intrusive that could upset the parents. I only have a holiday snap type digital camera but I think if you asked for pics of fledglings you would also encourage people to breed but also to take pics without needing telephoto lens etc.

Sometimes you just get a snap of Bird that looks like its posing for the camera and if it's a new fledgling they often have that quizzical look which is very sweet!!

Thank you Mich, Mark,and Tom that was a big help, if only more would answer i think i have an idea forming.

mal

i did'nt enter because the last time i entered they didnot give out the prize :angry: because only 2 people entered ^_^ ,so in a way i threw my toys out of the pram :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve

Maybe as this website covers all species of birds, one competition can be of wild birds and the other of captive birds. This way it allows everyone with any form of camera or iphone to take part?

John

Thank you Mich, Mark,and Tom that was a big help, if only more would answer i think i have an idea forming.

mal

What, tell Lee to stick his competitions up his **** :P :P

i did'nt enter because the last time i entered they didnot give out the prize :angry: because only 2 people entered ^_^ ,so in a way i threw my toys out of the pram :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve

crying_baby_zps09fab81a.jpg

:P :P