UK Birdkeepers Message Board

Hi Everyone

Returning member here, Ive actually been lingering for a while but thought I better introduce myself! Just got back into breeding birds at the start of last year after 6/7 years without due to moving away for uni! Managed to keep a couple of pet cockatiels in the flat but having no space for a shed/aviary at the time meant that I had to stick to these two!

Always kept parrotlike, previously had ringnecks, senegals, painted conures and parrotlets.

Just now I have celestial parrotlets, linnes, a pair of kakarikis and a pair of green cheek conures. The linnies are currently on eggs, I also have a pair of parrotlets on eggs and a pair with chicks so looking forward to an exciting few months!! 

My space is still pretty limited so planning on having a change up at the end of the year to focus mainly on parrotlets as I would like to focus more on certain colours and learn some more about genetics! Also have wanted some hanging parrots for as long as I can remember so would like to find some space for some of these one day soon - are there any keepers on here?

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Tom

Hi Tom. Nice to have you back. Nice selection of parrotlike you have. A few on here keeping parrotlets but hanging parrots seem to be quite scarce. Upgraded you a full member as well so your able to use the site to the full. Jan

not kept hanging parrots but understand they are a bit more difficult to  keep as they predominately are n ectar feeders but from what I remember of them they do eat other foods

As Jan says not many keep/ breed them , but a few have been   shown @ the National , & I do know of a couple of breeders  who have kept them