UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
mrsprettyfinches2

How did your Stafford show go.

We drove all night got there just after 6 (tired and teasy):)  found decent parking space, never seen so many people there early.  Cannot really say what was there, walking around like a zombie trying to find table nos, they were really cocked up in main hall. Sold out and packing up 10.30 to get back Cornwall.:D As you can tell i dont enjoy these Stafford events but has to be done with living down here.  Had one of your country men at the table and could he talk :o never stopped for breath, problem was i couldnt understand a word he was saying. :unsure:

Def not my favourite part of birdkeeping.  Came home with 2 red siskin cock birds so delighted with that.  

You should try travelling up Saturday Paul and staying in a premier inn or something. Takes all the stress out of the day.  Can be an enjoyable day that way. Jan

I decided not to get down as early so I could stay a bit longer and see the birds in the show. Parking wasn't as organised as in the past.

There were some really nice Australian finches but not as many as I thought there would be. I picked up a nice fawn Cherry finch cock and a agate Silverbill cock to pair up with my hens. I was looking for a fawn pair of Owls to get some different bloodlines in my collection but most of them were scruffy or skinny or looked unwell but I managed to find a decent pair. 

There was loads of nice Gouldians and Diamond firetails.

we went up for the colour canary show plus book our table for march wasn't looking to buy any birds but was talking to a top colour canary man and came home with a pair of colbolts well pleased with them.