Jump to content
UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Dave85

Stafford 8th October 2017

Recommended Posts

Hi 

what are members plans for October stafford? Regarding tables etc 

i asked shaun to enquire about a club space for us to have a meeting place and table sale birds for members but the cost of such is pricey, so would need members commitment for it to be a viable option. 

Would be good if it could be used as a feathered flyer presence at parrot events considering the lack of priority were given in terms of table placement. 

 

Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started this topic a few weeks ago

there has been 3 replies including 1 from Shaun ! So it seems the subject is like flogging the proverbial donkey unless folk are going to prove me wrong .

I know from comments on here & facebook that there are members going  . . I'm going but will not be there untill mid morning & will only be buying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   We are in the Prestwood Centre  Tables 593/594. Sorry but cannot wait to see whats happening on here. Have supported the site up till now but cannot be left to the same few.

                                      I do admire the couple Admin that make the effort, must be very frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies Colin 

i just started a fresh not looking back at old threads 

thanks paul it can be from time to time trying to do the best for the site, we've added a couple of sponsors to join the existing ones and I have a potential merchandise supplier too. Hopefully we can negate the problems we're having with site operation and a few will become more active again but I'd like us to have a set plan for both main Stafford's then myself and other admin along with members like yourself can plan ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like to point out that the problems with Stafford isn't mainly an admin problem but a parrot society problem. They are doing their best to shut out any other organisation. FF has been given a hard time by them and I know the FSSUK has as well. 

7 hours ago, P & D M said:

We are in the Prestwood Centre  Tables 593/594. Sorry but cannot wait to see whats happening on here. Have supported the site up till now but cannot be left to the same few.

                                      I do admire the couple Admin that make the effort, must be very frustrating.

Paul. Your support has been really appreciated and no one can blame you for having to book tickets and tables elsewhere. I have held off ordering birds myself (including off you) as I don't even know if I'll be going due to a lack of a definite FF area. It is more than a little frustrating but we will continue to try to make things work. Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mrsprettyfinches2 said:

Just like to point out that the problems with Stafford isn't mainly an admin problem but a parrot society problem. They are doing their best to shut out any other organisation. FF has been given a hard time by them and I know the FSSUK has as well. 

Paul. Your support has been really appreciated and no one can blame you for having to book tickets and tables elsewhere. I have held off ordering birds myself (including off you) as I don't even know if I'll be going due to a lack of a definite FF area. It is more than a little frustrating but we will continue to try to make things work. Jan

Sorry to slightly contradict you as it would seem that to a certain degreee it's a case of 6 of one & half a dozen of the other . Shaun is very flexible over the booking for the FF section but I seem to recollect that in March he was struggling up to the last minutes to fill the area , and the PS start organising table locations 3-4 months ahead of a show , so if we look to book a section 1-2 months before a show it becomes difficult

 The situation  with FSSUK is more to do with the new restricion on what birds can be sold , which has led to a falling out,& FS now only attend the Spring Show. However  WFS whose birds are are also affected by the restrictions will be attending as they have come to an agreement with the PS. 

Basically I think that if FF is to have a section @ the PS shows we need to start planning & negotiating with them before the show tickets go on  sale which usually @ the previous show  eg tickets for the National are on sale @ the summmer show , so we'd need to start planning for the National @ or just after the Spring Show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might like to look back at past posts where Hayley sorted out our usual section for FF nice and early. When we got there we were given a totally different section, in a dark dingy place where no one could find us.. I also think you need to read the letter again that you posted on FF that was sent to Peter. This wasn't about species but more about the extra costs that the parrot society put on their section. It was then decided that the FSSUK would no longer have a showing there. There was also a problem with the parrot society not issuing early entry tickets as they had previously for members who were putting birds on display. Basically if you read the messages again, it was quite clear that the parrot society were being as awkward as they could, dealing with Peter Moore. Especially when you think how long there has been a softbill section there. Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortuneately the  topic on FS is no longer available , but you are correct about costs being part of the problem , but it was not the whole problem  . As for the FF site I seem to recollect that last year it was on the balcony & difficult to find . I'm not certain what the solution is , but it might be to make a block booking rather than trying to book a section , but that would mean members registering with FF admin for tables before the tables are booked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked a table on my own in the end - no. 757 (come and say 'Hi'!). I'll be taking a fair few birds off the "restricted" list and will send the notification form (such as it is...) back to the PS before the 28th September deadline. Will be interesting to see whether I get an inspector at my table... :ph34r: My guess is that these forms go the same way as all those paper sales forms we hand in at the end of show

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we will be there but not to sell any birds but showing at the colour canary show plus only ever sell our birds in march as like to make sure the birds are fit and healthy. perhaps we could have a meet up point with a time and then could all meet up then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Site has booked 2 tables, just waiting to confirm if they can locate us somewhere prominent 

more updates to follow on the near future

shaun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×