UK Birdkeepers Message Board

I'm looking for some cage front fitting twist on perches that are close to 50cm long. My cages are 50cm deep but the longest perches I can get are only about half that length. Does anyone know anywhere that sells longer ones? 

5 hours ago, LuckyPhil said:

Thanks Stephen. I do have a few of these but I don't find them great to be honest. 

The best plastic perches I've found are these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111614402250 only they're not long enough. 

if you have them longer you'll find they bend downwards unlesss you can secure the free ends

I use the canary wooden perches, and support with a pin on the rear wall.  For longer length dowel with a twist on dowel holder.

Best Pearch is still wood. Soft wood. It important for finches. I got mine at B&Q 

Here is the hack. Cut and sander to mimic a tree branch sand it down to your disire length and diameter  

Saw a grove between to fid at wire cage to stablize it at both end or spend money on twist on perch end. But if you got breeding box wall then all wire cage use this few hack idea  rather then spend more money. 

They are like coke can pin ( drill a screw hole on flat top and bend out a little. Perch  goes through the hole. Tension of perch against wall and other against cage front would made perch wobbly. 

The others like the cap of twist toothpaste, tomato tube paste or any cap diameter large enough for perch to fid in the hole. Screw cap to wall and fix perch to it.