blanket

Blankets Quiz Nights

115 posts in this topic

On 03/06/2017 at 1:13 PM, mrsprettyfinches2 said:

I must have gone brain dead through the sites off time. I just can't seem to get any of the latest:wacko:. Jan

I'm just the same Jan, however I did get 45!

shaun

keep plugging away.

47/  name one of the oldest English flowers to complete this finch

just 4 to go

thank goodness I hear you say lol.

48/  mucking about under the trees could give you the answer

3 to go will do all 3 tomorrow and will leave it for a good few days to see if you can get them plus any off the one's before then will do the questions plus the answer.

hi everyone this will be the last of the quiz will give you the last 3

49/  page 3 girls should cover up to avoid these.

50/  legend dictates you say good morning to the first one of the day

51/  barman could be in trouble for diluting these.

that's it hope everyone has enjoyed it will leave like this for a week so you can go back  on some of the questions still pm me with your answers will post questions and answers next week.

hi all sorry for the delay here is the questions with the answers.

1/ combine scales and maybe a cap for this canary                                                       lizard                        

2/ you should see this one from down under on a clear night                                        star fish

3/ don't come from where the name suggest [man has a lot to do with these]               bengalese

4/ flour listens to these little chaps                                                                                  wheatear

5/ shy blush on a first date                                                                                              peach face love bird

6/ this bird can be unkind to someone with an affliction.                                                 mocking bird

7/ no kebabs without these                                                                                             skua

8/ mrs bucket would turn blue with one of these in the house                                       hyacinth macaw

9/ don't try crossing this little finch                                                                                 zebra

10/ keep to the straight and narrow or you could run into one of these                         crossbill

11/ line between England and Scotland                                                                         border

12/ burglars tool bar                                                                                                       crow

13/ farmers don't need a warning for these finches                                                       bullfinch

14/ northern guardsman so it's said                                                                               yorkshire

15/ I wouldn't mind one of these on my knee.                                                               secretary bird

16/ rikiaka is mixed up                                                                                                   kakariki [yes I know there is a letter missing]

17/ all that glistens in this finch is                                                                                  goldfinch

18/ find the answer to this common ailment by adding the 8th letter                            chough   so don't do this

19/ we have all suffered from this after a clip                                                                red ear

20/ pride comes before a fall so don't do this                                                                crow

21/ :ahh risk war: this needs sorting out                                                                        harris hawk

22/ spare time pursuit that fly's by                                                                                 hobby

23/ old fashioned name for variety act                                                                           turn

24/ London square resident                                                                                           nightingale

25/ singing while turning the pages                                                                               reed warbler

26/ better than the long sticky one's                                                                              fly catcher

27/ this symbol of peace is a girls best friend                                                               diamond dove

28/ canary with a different spelling to it's shire county                                                  gloster

29/ ernie ford completes this old timer                                                                          Tennessee warbler

30/  it's said they are good to eat                                                                                   budgerigar 

31/ keep all your shiny things under the crust or you could loose them                        magpie

32/ re creating this is a capital problem                                                                         London fancy

33/ not something you would like to see at the old bailey                                              black cap

34/ the oldest profession has had these                                                                        cockatoo

35/ funny man talks about religion                                                                                 godwit

36/ well known American indian chief                                                                            bold eagle

37/ Barbra winsor could be a cockney one of these                                                      sparrow

38/ soars away with the kids but hold on to the string                                                   kite

39/ this can be uncomfortable but there are remedies for the itch                                thrush

40/ you could end up inside if you drop the g                                                                robin

41/ could have joined the mile high club with this little jape                                          sky lark

42/ Vinnie jones tried this on gazza and it wasn't even Christmas                               nut cracker

43/ Pinocchio may have a wee one                                                                              wood cock

44/ this finch could rub you up the wrong way and make you sore                              chaffinch

45/ sweeny todd's favourite bird I should think                                                             cutthroat

46/ these could be withdrawn if you change things around for the USA                       hecks

47/ name one of the oldest English flowers to complete this finch                                rose finch

48/ mucking about under the tree's could give you the answer                                     wood lark

49/ page 3 girls should cover up to avoid these                                                             blue tits

50/ legend dictates you say good morning to the first one of the day                            magpie

51/ barman could be in trouble for diluting these                                                           waterslagger

well that's all 51 how did you do hope you enjoyed it.

Well that was a great quiz. Surprising how obvious the answers to some of these are now you can see them next to the clue. Think I may have been over thinking them a little. wouldn't have got  25, 29 and 51 in a million years though. Thanks for taking the time to run it though. Jan

glad you enjoyed it jan I did say look at the questions but must admit some were quite hard.

Thanks Blankey, I enjoyed the auiz, even though I wasn't very good at it!,

shaun

Yes, same answers as mine Mr Blanket, :unsure:  :)   must have took someone forever to all those together.

when I first did the quiz myself we had 1 and a half hours at a club meeting and only got twenty right must admit not easy which is why I gave as much time as you needed just about but like I said at the beginning it was just a bit of fun to have a think while the breeding was going which I hope everyone is having a good year this year.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor