UK Birdkeepers Message Board

Swapped a couple of lovely cock Gouldians with Mark (mkp) really chuffed with the pair I got ,will certainly add to the gene Poole back home .Set in bright sunshine and shades from Wakefield hit Sheffield and then wall to wall rain from there on , with look of rivers and streams on the way down, much more and there will be some flooding.By the time I got there there was still quite a few Gouldians left but not many looked fully moulted ,so was more than happy with the pair from mark and grabbed myself some red and yellow millet sprays and went looking for canaries with my mate of which there were plenty .Got out of mud bath safely and went for a pub lunch with the wife and friends and then a steady drive home .

it was a great day yesterday big thanks for those that looked after my table for me while i had to go round to pick up bits and pieces all birds sold quite quick plus picked up a couple as well it is well worth having a table at the ff section can I book one for next year now please.

I thought it was a good day. Many thanks to Shaun for getting me a table in the FF section at the 11th hour! It was a great position; the best part was that unlike most of Stafford the whole section was lit very well and there was plenty of room so not so much barging around.

One comment I would make though is about the announcements made over the tannoy. I was quite close to a speaker and the announcements were SO LOUD you couldn't hear yourself think, let alone what was being announced. I'd bought myself a bird which started to fit in the cage. It was only after about the 4th time it happened I realised it was every time an announcement was made; I actually thought it was dead at one point. I transferred it to the car as soon as I realised the connection but I couldn't have done this in the mid summer or mid winter. We are all conscious of, and often reminded about the welfare of the birds at these sales, but stress caused by ear splitting volume isn't good for them, or us for that matter!

I bought two stunning pairs of Parrot Finches, swapped a couple or Timor Zebras for new blood and bought a cracking cock Red Hooded Siskin. The interest created by the Siskin on my table was unbelievable and suggests that they're the latest 'in' bird for some reason. It's no exaggeration to say that I could've resold it 30 times over if I'd wanted to. I've never known so much interest in a single species of bird, ever.

Had a good day at Stafford . Sold all the Lovebirds i took and was pleased by the comments received about the quality of my normal masked. Plenty of room to continue the goal of producing a quality strain of normals now. Cant wait to get the boxes up . Didn't have a chance to look round which was probably a good thing as I had cash on the hip!

Would just like say a big thanks to the lads who helped push out my car. Found to my cost the Mondeo estate is a damn site more awkward to push out than my previous Focus!

Also a big raspberry to the two young "big girls blouses" who refused to help as they were wearing new boots! jessies!

Parking was a bit dodgy in October as well. Worth thinking about where to park next time. But you cant help the weather in March and April I suppose.