johne.ev

New Member In Suffolk.

29 posts in this topic

Hi all.

My names john, originally from London, but been living in Suffolk for thirteen years now.

Not kept birds for over thirty years. When i was in my late teens we had two Indian hill mynah birds, they were quite common then, but seem to be very rare now & expensive too, when you can find them.

I currently keep two large tropical fish tanks in my fully insulated/converted garage, which measures 12 x 8 x 8 foot high. In the past I have kept & bred all sorts of reptiles & amphibians, from dwarf monitors lizards & chameleons to poison dart frogs. I am in the process of building a 6 x 2 x 6 indoor aviary in there as well, with the intention of getting a couple of pairs of finches. I like all sorts of birds, but Gouldian, Bicheno &/or blue gap cordon bleus are what I would like to keep most atm. Will post again in the beginners section, as I do have a couple of questions I would like advice on.

Hi John. Welcome to Feathered flyer. Nice introduction. Plenty of members on here with experience keeping the birds your interested in. You've been upgraded to a new member, so feel free to ask any questioned you want. Jan

Hi stormbird, thanks for the welcome. I have updated my profile as you recommended. Cheers for the heads up.

Regards the dartfrogs, I bred a couple of species of thumbnails from the Ranitomeya group lamasi & variabilis being the ones I can remember without looking it up. Although strictly speaking not true dart frogs, I also bred Golden mantellas, lovely little frogs though. Tbh, I didn't really keep darts for a great length of time, as I got so fed up with the livefood side of the hobby I sold them all. Same with the rest of reptiles I kept, just got fed up with keeping/buying/breeding live food, not to mention my electric bill :wacko::laugh:

Hi John. Welcome to Feathered flyer. Nice introduction. Plenty of members on here with experience keeping the birds your interested in. You've been upgraded to a new member, so feel free to ask any questioned you want. Jan

Thanks for the welcome Jan, I look forward to hopefully participating on the forum in the near future.

Hi John and welcome to feathered flyer

I hope you enjoy browsing the forum and sharing your experiences as well as asking questions to other members

Remember no question is ever a silly question if it requires an answere then ask away

Paulanliz

welcome john you will find all you need to know on here good luck with the birds

Cheers maza.

Ah! I see your in Ireland... my wifes family are all in Mallow, county Cork area. I love coming over to Ireland... especially for the Guinness. :D