UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Shaun

Ff Members Area, Breeders Tables

must admit wil be the 1st time we've used ff section but we do a lot of walking so it's good that there is members who will help in looking after the table.

Thanks blanket that's the whole purpose of the feathered flyer area that shaun is good enough to allocate for us all year on year out

Hi, could it not be that members just do not have birds to sell or enough to warrant a table, some years are busier than others, but I do not think it is all doom and gloom regarding the site. James

Hi,

I'm going but not having a table this time as my Gouldians have not fully moulted in time. Will be exchanging a couple of other birds for unrelated pairs and picking up seed etc. Hope to catch up with a few members off here.

Mark.

Just a thought but would it be worth the forum having a couple of tables , where members with only a few birds could display & sell their birds for a nominal charge per cage of birds ,just as a few of the Societies do ?

I'm one of those who doesn't usually have much to sell in March - my season doesn't start until April, and my spare stock mostly sells at the Autumn show. If there was the opportunity to sell a few birds on a society table, I'd be up for that and happy to chip in to table cost. It might also look good for FF to have more of a Society presence? Maybe focused on the forum as the place where most of us got the advice and support that helped us really get into the hobby?

On that note, I'll be there but probably arriving on an 'ordinary' punter's day ticket. I've got a few birds I'm thinking of offering for sale but haven't made my mind up yet, and will probably aim to pre-buy pair of Zosterops.

problem here Colin is the tracability paperwork. Names and addresses of all sellers as well as all buyers is required

problem here Colin is the tracability paperwork. Names and addresses of all sellers as well as all buyers is required

But surely that's no different to members birds being sold from the Society tables ?

I know when I have asked in the past if members have had room for me to just put one or two birds up for sale on their tables, some have objected due to the paperwork issue. Not sure how some of the societies get around that though.

I know this is off the subject somewhat, but I just wondered if the ban on fowl at the shows due to the bird flu, includes the various species of quail as well. jan

I know when I have asked in the past if members have had room for me to just put one or two birds up for sale on their tables, some have objected due to the paperwork issue. Not sure how some of the societies get around that though.

I know this is off the subject somewhat, but I just wondered if the ban on fowl at the shows due to the bird flu, includes the various species of quail as well. jan

yes Quail along with all Gailliforms are banned until the restrictions are lifted

Thanks Colin. I asked as I have noticed on birdtrek ,quail being advertised as "can be taken to stafford". Not that I am looking for any, just curious. Jan

I've messaged Chris !