UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
AJR

Making A Comeback.

Based in the Scottish Borders, nearing retirement so hopefully more time for birds. Used to keep quite a few softbills way back in the 70's and 80's but at present only have a few seedeaters. Bred Red Siskins and Rufous-backed Mannikins this year and am just about to take obtain a pair of Red and Yellow Barbets as a first step back into softbills, allan

Welcome back to bird keeping AJR

Hope to hear more about your breedings especially the rufous backs as not many about.

Hope you enjoy the site

Welcome to Feathered flyer Allan. As Dave said there's not many Rufous-backed Mannikins around at the moment. Well done on breeding them. Hope you enjoy the site. Have upgraded you to a full member so please feel free to enjoy an active part on feathered flyer. Jan

Hi AJR, believe I meet you a few times at the now defunct Scottish National CBS if I remember correctly you were looking for a hen Black-headed Green Sugarbird hen to go with the male you had, unfortunately I could not help as I only had the one pair at the time. Best of luck with the Barbets, the more softbills the better. Regards James..

Thank you for the welcome, busy building avairies at the moment so hopefully a few more softbills will arrive soon, allan