UK Birdkeepers Message Board
mrsprettyfinches2

Stafford Show October 2016.

I know it's early and members can't commit 100%, but I just wondered if FF were able to get a decent spot in the main all for the October show, who would be willing to support the section by having a table in our given area. Would be nice if we could set up a regular FF section in October as we do in March.

Sorry to correct you Jan but it's not early, tickets are already on sale for the National so if there is to be a FF section this needs desiding ASAP !

I perhaps also need to remind folk that there ???? might be issues due to the the restrictions on the sale of certain species , so some though needs to be made as to what birds will be taken . But if there is to be an FF section this should be discussed with Les Rance @ the PS as part of any discussion on where the section might be placed .

Hopefully I'll be going but am not expecting to be there until late morning & will be spending @ least some time on the FSSUK stand which is expected to be in the Prestwood hall adjacent to the entrance to the show halls where it's been for the last couple of Nationals

Sorry to correct you Jan but it's not early, tickets are already on sale for the National so if there is to be a FF section this needs desiding ASAP !

Thankyou Colin. Wasn't aware they were booking already.

But if there is to be an FF section this should be discussed with Les Rance @ the PS as part of any discussion on where the section might be placed .

Currently being done Colin ;) .

This is just to see whether it's worth admin trying to sort something out for October and if so how large an area.

Appreciate your info Colin.

I will be having a table. Usually an auction and FF table. If we can get the right place then refreshments table as well. Any more interest, please make it known in this post. Thanks.

Hey all. Just another reminder to let me know if you may be getting a table in October and would like one with the FF section. If you could let me know, then I can arrange a section. If not we can let it go until March 2017. Thanks all.

Just to confirm some brilliant news,

Hayley has been in touch with the Parrot Society and has negotiated the same space that FF has at the Stafford Spring Bird Show.

Members requiring tables are best to apply as soon as possible whilst numbers allow ( room for around 20 tables)

http://www.theparrotsocietyuk.org/home

Please mark "feathered flyer area" on your applications

Thanks Hayley

Shaun

Can I just ask all FF members if anyone has or intends to purchase a table in the FF section. This is just so admin know what arrangements to make regarding refreshments banner, table mats etc. Thanks. Jan

Hi Jan

Got my table no. now - 811. I requested FF area so I'm assuming it's in there? Taking Golden Song Sparrows, Blue-face Parrot Finch, Zebras (normals and silvers), Indian Silverbills (Opal split).

Just had a look again at the info on PSUK site about species to declare. Still doesn't make any sense (what on earth does "or similar" mean in relation to species?!!)and it's impossible to do anything with the form online.

So I'm working on assumption that because I ticked the box saying I agree with everything the Society asks me to agree with (or words to that effect...) I'm covered. Failing that I'll put a big arrow on my stand saying "Box B birds over here" :angry:!

if this is the case, im sure a lot will be rather annoyed with this!! especially as Hayley requested our usual spot with the parrot society

or they've dumped us in same place as they did previous where no one could find us the very back row against the wall in the main wall

where shaun puts traders at the march event