UK Birdkeepers Message Board
mrsprettyfinches2

Stafford Show October 2016.

Just seen this thread, and also read the thread on the FSSUK site you mentioned Colin (link here).

I'm actually really sad and disappointed about all this. The Autumn Stafford show is an important point in my bird-keeping year, one I really look forward to. All those chicks I've nurtured over the Summer go off to new breeders, and I get to do the big aviary/birdroom clean and settle my remaining birds down for winter. I even have this 'thing' that I start planning Christmas once the Stafford and my birdrooms are done :rolleyes:

But this year... an expensive table (£33), in less-good spot up on the balcony, and half of my birds on an ill-informed and unworkable "restricted" list (I'm more than a little worried that I'm going to end up in an argument with some Parrot Society 'inspector', or on some future 'banned' list along with my birds :ph34r::ph34r: ). And now I can't even go and talk to the FSSUK guys about that softbill aviary I want to set up (tho' I understand why they've decided not to attend)!

I think the Parrot Society wants my money but not me or my birds. :angry: Roll on Spring Show...

Seems the PS are making things difficult for Societies & Groups

I'm sorry to report that those expecting to see a display by FSSUK are going to be disapointed !

There will not be a FS stand as the PS are basically charging too much -- there is a full explanation on the FS web site !

Hopefully there will be a stand @ the next Spring Show

no price increases for 2017 at the Stafford Spring Bird Show, FREE table for clubs for promotion purposes!

no price increases for 2017 at the Stafford Spring Bird Show, FREE table for clubs for promotion purposes!

Nice one Shaun. Hopefully this will encourage more support in March and less for the parrot society shows. Jan

Is there anyone travelling from the Dundee/ Edinburgh area (or passing near to Dundee) that wants to earn a bit of cash? Basically I'll cover the petrol of your trip for a collection and delivery to Stafford of a large heavy item that should fit into a decent sized car.

Please ring/ text to discuss further - Karl on 07884220395

do they do a floor plan so you know where certain stalls are? or anything is . charlie

there will be a floor plan in the show guide available @ the door but with slight variations this is last years

img015_zps87cbd33e.jpg