UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Dave85

Stafford July 2016

I saw you bakewell and was tempted to come say hello but you looked real busy running here and there I thought best to stay out of your way, plus I too was pissed as I went to the show with my uncle who is deaf only to have some old **** and two of his friends shout for him to move, when I replied and said he was deaf his response to his friends was they should kick him, I voiced my anger as they walked off but wish id have just punched him in the face!

Back to the bird side of things I was disappointed not to find a single waxbill for sale, but did come away with my first pair of Forbes parrot finches and 3 masked grassfinches.

Edited by PROrion

No good what nasty people! It's a shame so many nasty people!

Say hello next time! X

Hi Dave,

I was at table 341, opposite one of the long ends of the Rob Harvey stand.

I spoke to quite a few people so its possible. I had new native Australian seed samples from the Gouldian finches natural environment that were on display at my table. May have spoke to you about this? That should jog your memory I spoke to you.

Sorry you had a bad experience prorion with such ignorant people in a place, which is for all to enjoy

Paul I can't recall and food but you may well have sold out by the time I passed, which would have been late morning.

I spoke to a couple of gentlemen (2 seperate tables) on the left hand side with gouldians both being from southern counties. One had a small selection with a rather nice lilac breast( do aim to get some) if you happen to breed any. The other had mostly red x black headed pairings and a few blues/Silvers (which I was after a young yellow split blue or blue camel head hen for a silver male I've bred this year)

Secondly we sold some linnies to a woman called Rachy. We sold her our Linnie babies.... We later saw her selling on as pairs ( these birds were all around 12 weeks old and siblings! She didn't sell them as they were totally over priced for greens £60 a pair ( we sold £15 each).

Should have reported her to the parrot society with her table number Hayley. Well done on sorting out the person with the celestial Hayley. Too many crooks spoiling it for the genuine sellers out there.

I went to the show with my uncle who is deaf only to have some old **** and two of his friends shout for him to move, when I replied and said he was deaf his response to his friends was they should kick him,

People like that make me sick. People these days are so impatient and have no consideration of others or their feelings :angry: .

Thank you for the birds Paul really happy with the birds they are stunning .

Nice one Paul. Thats why we encourage members to buy off other members. Glad you found this to be the case with Paul Dogar (sorry but don't know your name).

Pity there was no waxbills available. Was there any UK bred weavers there :rolleyes:

Very disappointing not enough people all so it must be getting hard times when people try to knock you down £2 on a £12pr of birds waist of time going.not going to that sale again,lets hope October is ok.

Barry

i have been going to this show for over 30 years and have never seen any one have a real punch for punch fight before totally shocking for the the kids and ladies to experience this, times have changed but not for the better there was a guy from abroad selling birds from a van he had hired loads of peales ,katangglads,and i think there were bamboo parrot finches bad light and has someone as already said the whole show could have been put in the first annex

Hi Dave,

I spoke to quite a few people so its possible. I had new native Australian seed samples from the Gouldian finches natural environment that were on display at my table. May have spoke to you about this? That should jog your memory I spoke to you.

Hi Dave,

i think that was me paul,i didnt realise you were on here.

i have been going to this show for over 30 years and have never seen any one have a real punch for punch fight before

Did someone tell Hayley her celestial were ugly looking things then Daz. ;):laugh: :laugh: . Wasn't any of the Welsh crowd that go up was it Daz. :blush:

"Azeem" your welcome. I hope the birds have settled in nicely.

"Indie" sorry what's your name? It might jog my memory as I spoke to quite a few people. Did I supply you with Gouldians as well? Thanks