UK Birdkeepers Message Board
Dave85

Notice To All Regards Auction!

im currently in the process of moving home as well as managing the raffle and auction whenever I have any free time.

so as follows - do not pester me with messages - ill respond to EVERYONE in due course I don't need chasing

this is the first time today ive had chance to properly look into the site

thanks

Dave

I've not been sending you pm's Dave but with all due repect I think that if you had explained to members before the auction or allocated another admin to help then there would be no "pestering" and "chasing" you. I think if members had messaged you regarding bidding, donating or wanting raffle tickets and got no response then it's only natural to send another pm or contact another member of admin. As far as I am aware there are no mind readers on FF and I think your post is somewhat rude to FF members. Jan

I did send a message with regard to purchasing raffle tickets as advised on the original post. I never received a reply so i just decided to buy them at Stafford. We all have our problems and sometimes take on more than we can handle but 'Manners maketh man'!

I dont know Dave but seems to me this site would have folded before now without his dedication.

So he lost his rag, big deal, most people would have said stuff it in the circumstances.

Give the bloke a break.

Ditto,

Do your best Dave, that's more than enough!

See you next week, hope he move goes okay

Shaun

I think Dave does a lot for this forum, give him some slack guys. Moving is extreamly stressful and behind the scenes his does more than enough. Things don't always come out as we intend to via social media.... Good gosh I've come across a moody evil cow at time but trust me I'm a lovely person. And I can vouch that Dave is an amazing guy even if his post may of come across blunt... I ( I'm a million percent sure that's not how he would of intended this to come across). I feel his frustration and this is why I don't like social media or forums people get wires crossed

I agree entirely that Dave works hard for the site. Always has. But moving is very stressful and feel that if Dave had explain his circumstances beforehand then members would have understood. Also there are admin who could have took some of the weight of his shoulders by helping him out with the raffle and auction until he completed his move. Either of these would have meant Dave wasn't put in a situation where he felt so frustrated as to post in the manner he did, especially as a recent topic has been discussing members being to afraid to take part because of other members response. I echo the comments about keeping up the good work Dave but don't get over burdened with trying to do it all yourself. There are other admin to help you. Jan

Edited by mrsprettyfinches2

First and foremost thanks everyone for your comments and appreciation.

I must however say I don't see how my post was rude and if it was too much I clearly wouldn't agree to undertake it all. Also other admin have their own commitments, which I'm well aware of. So don't criticise without the facts.

My house has only just sold in the last week, rapidly considering was only for up for sale for 2days!!!

If you notice my post time was nearly midnight, which is when I get chance to sit and process anything I've been sent and I always respond to everyone! Unless I'm having a moment and open the message when I'm in a flying visit to the site and then it gets missed to respond, which I've just rectified now I hope.

My post is not to discourage members from messaging it's just repetitive messages regards a previous one that I haven't responded too.

Craig ask away but try and ask on board too

Sorry Chester your message fell into the moment category but hope you've received my message today.

Your house sold within 2 days! Wow hope I will be that lucky when we put ours on the market. I actually dreading the move.... The birds mainly.

your post does read as a little rude mr Harris but no problem, general consensus is that most people love you, so that should please you no end :P hope your house move goes well matey, i am going to pm u soon about the raffle, please reply to me within a minute because i am really needy otherwise i may pm you again :o:laugh:

Edited by WaxbillMan

Likewise hayley a million things to think about as I don't just keep birds eg 100!

I have 3 fish tanks 2 tropical 1 marine

And 7 pekin bantams too

Oh yeah and a crazy beagle!

Hahaha thanks matt can always rely on you please do as may have an offer for you anyway