UK Birdkeepers Message Board
mrsprettyfinches2

What Are You Taking. What Are You Hoping To Pick Up.

Hi andyf. I'll be bringing the robin chat for you. . . . Do you know where you are based ???

Also picking up a hen red whiskered bulbul to go with the lovely male I got today from switzerland via zwolle today.

Really looking forward to breeding these beauties again!

Edited by tomtit

Yes I understand so. Although I have to admit that I haven't seen the layout yet. I will ask Shaun to help!

Who would have thought red whiskered bulbuls would have become so difficult to get hold of. Such a common, readily bred softbill not too many years ago. Shows how easy we could loose a species. Jan

Yea we find that with most birds even a simple bird like the bengalese is had its day over where i am nobody wants them budgies n zebras are the same as far as i no all birds tend to go throw a turn think where i stay am only few bird keeper for 15 miles

There was a discussion on the FSSUK site about Red Whiskered a while back & the general consensus was that whilest they can be easy to breed having more than one pair reduces breeding results , and there is only a limited market for sales of them

When I was a lad, along with pekin robins most mixed flights had one. . .now you cant find them anywhere! :(

When I was a lad, along with pekin robins most mixed flights had one. . .now you cant find them anywhere! :(

But where have they all gone . It's not that long ago that there were birds for sale @ Stafford ?

Could it be there are still folk with them but nobody is breeding them ?

Tom/ James,

Phil Cleeton is advertisng Red Whiskered for sale @ £375 a pair.

Regards

Mark.

I don't have anything to take but i've reserved some sierra parakeets. I'm also hoping to get a pair of Meyer's parrots unless there are no suitably pretty pairs and I get tempted by something else!

I have pre booked some birds from champion exhibitions and breeders

Hoping to improve my own stock by introducing them into my own lines

Pictures to follow next week

Also ideal time to stock up on seed, softfood, dried vegetables etc

Shaun